Help us take care of our awesome clients!
USM Interactive is a leading Burlington, Vermont web design and development agency with a mission to solve complex challenges through easy–to–use, beautiful, performance–driven websites. We’re currently looking to add a new WordPress Support Engineer position to our fun, energetic team.
The Support Engineer role is a position that interacts with our clients on a regular basis. The success of this role – and of Interactive as a whole – is dependent on providing our clients with exceptional customer service, no matter who the client is or what the issue might be. We have worked with hundreds of clients for over ten years by providing great support: We strive to answer their next question before they ask it, and we’re looking to you to be proactive in troubleshooting issues before the client may even be aware of them.
- Managing and completing support tickets as they are submitted online by client
- Fielding phone calls from clients regarding support issues throughout the day
- Inputting client-supplied content into sites as they are being developed
- Working with all members of the USM team to troubleshoot problems
- Helping with spam filtering, DNS changes, setting up FTP and email accounts
- Keeping skill set up to date with current best design and code practices
- Someone that enjoys helping others
- Able to educate people about how to update their site using WordPress
- Autonomous, able to adapt quickly and balance various responsibilities
- Organized with a strong attention to detail
- Passionate about development, and a WordPress lover!
- Thorough knowledge of WordPress
- Prior knowledge using Zendesk or similar support ticketing system
- The ability to work well in a team environment and enjoy learning from those around you
- A knack for explaining complex issues to clients who may not be tech-savvy
- Professional presentation, timeliness, discipline, and behavior
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- A belief in our concept, a strong work ethic and team mentality
Location and Compensation
This position is based in Burlington, VT, and offers competitive pay and commission structure, and benefits.
USM Interactive is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status