WordPress Web Developer & Support Role Opening
USM Interactive is a web design and development agency with a mission to solve complex challenges through easy–to–use, beautiful, performance–driven websites.
We’re currently looking to add a new WordPress Web Developer & Support Role to our fun, energetic team in Burlington, Vermont.
This is a position that will require you to interact with our clients on a regular basis. We have worked with a number of customers for more than ten years by providing great support: We strive to answer their next question before they ask it, and we’re looking to you to be proactive in troubleshooting issues before the client may even be aware of them. This position also requires previous experience developing WP themes, and candidates may be asked to take a brief skills assessment as part of the hiring process.
- Managing and completing support tickets as they are submitted online by clients
- Fielding phone calls from clients regarding support issues throughout the day
- Inputting client-supplied content into sites as they are being developed
- Helping out with development on larger projects as needed
- Working with all members of the USM team to troubleshoot problems
- Helping with spam filtering, DNS changes, setting up FTP and email accounts
- Keeping skill set up to date with current design and technologies
- Passionate about development, and a WordPress lover!
- Someone that enjoys helping others
- Able to educate people about how to update their site using WordPress
- Autonomous, able to adapt quickly and balance various responsibilities
- Organized with a strong attention to detail
- Thorough knowledge of WordPress and Bootstrap
- Knowledge of PHP, HTML 5, CSS/SASS, Git
- The ability to work well in a team environment and enjoy learning from those around you
- A knack for explaining complex issues to clients who may not be tech-savvy
- Professional presentation, timeliness, discipline, and behavior
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- A belief in our concept, a strong work ethic and team mentality
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
- Email us your resume and a cover letter outlining why you’re interested working at Union Street Media, along with a link to a LinkedIn profile, public portfolio or a zip file with code samples.
Union Street Media is an equal opportunity employer.