Senior Web Designer Opening
Union Street Media is seeking a talented and energetic Senior Web Designer to join our Interactive team.
The Senior Web Designer we hire will be responsible for the visual design of our interactive sites along with occasional print and marketing projects. They will work with our clients to create a visually engaging web design that reflects the client’s online objectives and helps them generate offline business as well.
Our design process begins with information gathering that is facilitated by the Project Manager and leads into a written creative brief, development of wireframes, a moodboard and, ultimately the site’s design. The final, client-approved design is then handed off to our development team for production. The Senior Web Designer will work closely with our Project Manager, Web Developers and Account Management team. The position also includes providing strategic and global creative direction for our own external marketing. As we continue to expand our product and service offerings, the ideal candidate will also have experience with creating on- and offline marketing collateral.
The right individual is passionate about great design and has a solid understanding of current design theory and web technologies. This person will understand the importance of usable web design and should be a strong conceptual thinker with creative vision who can take a lead role on design projects while working with clients and managing expectations as necessary. They need to be able to take creative direction, have the ability to create advanced, strategic design in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment while adhering to both the project’s timeline and budget.
Union Street Media Interactive is a dynamic, energetic, continually growing company dedicated to providing an exceptional level of creative services that keep our clients coming back time and time again. We believe in working hard, providing value to our clients, and having fun while doing it.
The position comes with the quality of life found in the beautiful, vibrant city of Burlington, Vermont. Other benefits include a competitive salary, contribution towards health insurance, long term disability insurance, a great work environment in a recently renovated office with great views of Lake Champlain.
- Passionate about great design, branding, and marketing
- A dynamic and creative thinker, and motivated to give our clients the very best
- Experienced in participating in client meetings, understanding their needs and working to present wireframes, logos, color schemes, and images that effectively communicate their business objectives.
- Forward thinking, driven to challenge yourself and stay on the forefront of design trends
- Autonomous, with the ability to adapt quickly and balance various responsibilities
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail
- Driven by helping others succeed
- 3+ years of professional experience specializing in visual design for web and print platforms in an agency setting
- Extensive knowledge of design theory and web technologies, graphic fundamentals, print and web capabilities and a superior understanding of marketing and branding principles
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop as well as strong experience with large-scale web design and development projects
- A solid understanding of HTML/CSS and WordPress
- A passion to spearhead new creative directions, and A desire to promote a culture of innovation, teamwork, and design excellence
- Strong project management skills and ability to prioritize work to meet internally and externally imposed deadlines
- Experience working with clients from project kick off to design sign off
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, including the ability to communicate effectively in small and large groups at all levels of a client organization
- The ability to inspire and mentor a creative team of talented designers
- Interest in constantly improving upon your talents
- The ability to collaborate and coordinate with multiple groups and disciplines
- B.S. in Graphic Design, Creative Media, Studio Art or related field
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
Schedule: This full-time position in our Burlington, Vermont office is open immediately.
To Apply: Please email us your resume, a cover letter featuring a short, concise autobiography that details who you are, what you believe, and what you are into, along with five examples of your best work in a PDF or link to your site to [email protected]. Please include at least 3 references and a link to your LinkedIn profile as well.
Union Street Media is an equal opportunity employer.