One of the things we want to start doing more of here at USM Interactive is educating our clients. We all know the importance of having a strong web presence, but you wouldn’t be alone in thinking that once you launch your beautiful new site that the leads will start pouring in. Having a great website is one simple step you can take to engaging your online audience, but it’s only one piece of the pie. The first step you must take in building a strategy around monetizing your website is to educate yourself on some of terminology you’ve probably heard a million times…
What is SEO? What are the Key Benefits of SEO?
In the United States alone, there were just under 18.4 billion searches in April 2015 across the top five search engines, according to comScore’s search engine usage report. That’s an average of 59 searches per American citizen. Search is ingrained in our DNA, it’s always on, and it’s no different for any one industry.
Search engine optimization (SEO) is about maximizing your website’s visibility in search engines, which is ultimately accomplished through having a user friendly website consistently optimized to ensure maximum usability, consumer relevancy and popularity. Having an optimized website is essential to all digital marketing strategies and provides the foundation for an investment in other digital marketing tactics that will significantly drive your bottom line.
What Should I Know about SEO?
There are a few key things ever person should know about SEO in order to best understand how to build a strategy for marketing your website. Your site can be a beneficial tool for your business, but driving traffic requires some tact.
- SEO is a long-term process
- SEO is technical; it involves architecture, design and ongoing user experience (UX) optimizations; mobile and responsive design are key
- The importance of metrics beyond rankings
- The “Google of Today” emphasizes local, personalized search
- Off-site SEO is critical. It’s not just about your website
- SEO is part of a larger digital picture
What is Paid Search Advertising?
Paid search advertising, or pay per click (PPC) uses real time bidding on keywords to get your search listing to display above others.
Unlike organic search results, PPC ads allow more direct control over when and how your ad shows up. You tell the search engines what keywords you’d like to bid on, which geographic areas you want to target, what your ads will say, and which pages on your website visitors will land.
Key Benefits of PPC Advertising:
- Cost effective – flexible budgets that are consistently optimized to reduced wasted ad spend (for example, by adding negative keywords)
- Increase share of voice – with media planning tools, it’s possible to identify unique strategies to defend and win share of voice against competitors, even on the most popular terms
- Build trust – consumers value relevant advertising and are more likely to click on an ad if it’s from a brand they trust. Similarly, running paid search ads in addition to having a strong organic search presence is proven to increase clicks by 50% or more depending on position (source: Google).
- Drive results – because potential customers are actively searching for relevant keywords, we can customize the user path they are drawn into, more quickly converting them into a customer.
- Search engine marketing is all about capturing intent.
- Real time measurability – PPC platforms such as AdWords provide extensive data on campaigns, in real time, meaning there’s a high level of analysis to inform and optimize the campaign.
If you want to learn more about SEO, PPC, or other Digital Marketing strategies feel free to use the form below to reach Will.[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
Now, since you’ve been so attentive, here is a video of some cats talking to each other…